Sunday, October 16, 2011

All Hallows Eve

So as some of you know I like Halloween. In fact, I love it. I'm kind of a Halloween connoisseur, if you will. And I have some recommendations for you, since you didn't ask. I'll tell you some of my favorite hallo-weenie activities.

We'll start off with my favorite,

Haunted houses:
For 10 years (that's a decade!!) I went solely to Knotts Scary Farm- If you go early in October during their "preview nights" it's better; It's cheaper and there's less of a crowd. BUT there's also less monsters. Now, I give it a C- The crowds are rowdy, there's tons of mazes but they're not very good, and it's getting pretty pricey.



Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights-I went a couple years ago and LOVED it. I also went this year and had a great time. The mazes are so well done because, hello, it's a movie studio. The haunted tram ride (the Terror Tram) is a must. Wandering around a studio outside in the dark? Oh yes please. It's kind of far and pretty expensive but it's worth the money. I give it a B.



The Queen Mary-This was the first year I've gone to the Queen Mary's Dark Harbor. It was by far the best and scariest haunted attraction I've been to. They have you go through the mazes with only your group (in my case just Beka and Trista) and you walk through decrepit and most likely haunted old run down places in the ship. It's DARK and loud and there's dead crazy sailors around every corner. It's terrifying. The monsters talk to you, they touch you, they follow you and they most definitely earn the minimum wage they're making. Since they hold the line and only let a few people in at a time it's a long wait to go through a maze. The tickets are only $20-$25 so definitely splurge and get a front of the line pass (an extra $20.) You won't have to wait at all so you can get to peeing your pants faster. I give it an A+



Haunted first class pool



Zombie friend

Other haunted places to check out: Scandia. Castle Parks "Terror on the tracks" (I worked there! Screaming girl in the car? That was me!) Disneyland's Halloween time.

I have more to say but this is getting pretty long. Stay tuned!
Mwahahahahaha!

No comments: