Monday, April 20, 2009

The Engagement-Erin's Story

About 2 months ago Kevin said he had a surprise for me and I had the feeling he might be planning on proposing (of course I would never guess that out loud, just in case it turned out to be a build a bear or something). Unfortunately, for him, he started giving me clues about 2 months in advance, and I sometimes struggle with patience. So it was 2 months filled with questions pretty much everyday but he stayed strong. I'm surprised, I can be pretty annoying when I want to find something out.

On April 16th my dad woke me up around 6:50am. He asked me if I was awake and since it was my spring break there's no way I'd be up till at least 9 (ok more like 10:30...) He said there was something I needed to see. I walked to my front door half asleep and saw a little yellow brick road with ruby slippers. I definitely woke up after that.

Photobucket

There were 2 notes directing me to go to the place where we first kissed. I was almost 100% this was it. You'd think since I had a feeling he was going to propose I'd brush my hair and put on some makeup but instead I jumped straight into my car and left.

Photobucket

I got a little lost on the way which ruined the magic a tiny bit but I finally made it. I tried to take a short cut and go up the hill through the grass but Ryan came out of a bush and told me to stay on the path.

Photobucket

When I got to the top and there was another yellow brick road but this one had Kevin at the end of it. For some reason I was extremely nervous and all I wanted to do was hug him. After a few minutes of that he asked if I was ready and told me to step back. I don't know why I was so nervous, I had the easy job.

Photobucket

He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and I said yes. Then Ryan and Kevin's dad emerged and took some more pictures, it was so nice they could be a part of it and they were so sweet to help with everything.

Photobucket
My "Ruby Slippers"
Photobucket

Kevin who? :)

Photobucket

Kevin's dad accused me of looking at my ring while hugging Kevin right after he asked, I denied this but then found a picture that actually caught me in the act. Busted.

Photobucket

The yellow brick road was perfect, I've always loved The Wizard of Oz so it was so amazing that Kevin incorporated it. I'm beyond excited. Kevin is everything I could ever want and so much more. I really, really am the luckiest girl and I can't wait to spend forever with him.

Photobucket

4 comments:

karin said...

Very cool to have both perspectives. And I really didn't expect anything less from Kevin. I especially love that Ryan jumped out from behind a bush to tell you which way to go and that you got caught looking at the ring. I can't wait to see it in person.
CONGRATULATIONS! Sept 12 will come quickly and take forever at the same time.

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

so cute! congrats you two!

lauren said...

damnit erin!!! i need new posts from you!!!

darlenebergeson said...

my favorite is the one where you're checking out your ring while hugging Kevin, haha! I love it!