Monday, April 20, 2009

The Engagement - Kevin's version

On Wednesday April 15, I had picked up the ring in Los Angeles and brought it home. All night I kept waking up and looking and it. For some reason having it in possesion builds a lot of pressure and anxiety.
On Thursday morning, I got my dad and Ryan Stouvenel to help me make two yellow brick roads. One in front of Erin's house and one at the spot where we had our first kiss.


Erin's Dad had to wake her up to go look at the front porch at 6:30 in the morning. I don't know how she did, because apparently she flew by everything and somehow knew to head straight for the park leaving the slippers and notes behind.

In the process though, she got lost a few times. I had to call her and break the surprise, but she was pretty excited and needed some help with her bearings that early in the morning. Meanwhile, it was cold and I was becoming more and more nervous the longer I had to wait.




By the time she arrived, she was still pretty excited. Ryan had to pop out of a bush and point the path for her to follow. At first, Erin wouldn't stop hugging and crying. Eventually I was able to get down on one knee.



As you can tell, she said YES. And I was pretty excited. Words cannot express the love I have for her and what she means to me.

I didn't want to hog all of the good pictures because Erin wants to post some too. So check back often as this will now be the Kevin and Erin Durr family blog.

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

Kevin,
Congrats on the engagement and good job putting your story for us to read. Marisa too was brought to the "first kiss" spot. We're happy for you.
Jeremy and Marisa

Unknown said...

Why you got to make me tear up like that?
Congrats. Date? pic of ring?

Ann said...

What a great story! I'll come back for the bride's version to sure!