Friday, January 1, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

It's rare that you can ever say you know that the past year was the best year of your life (so far)...
But I definitely can. I hung out with, dated, danced, laughed, held hands, kissed, and fell in love with my best friend. You hear that everywhere, "I married my best friend", but i really did. He built me a yellow brick road, how could I not marry him??

We went on amazing dates both at home and out, and I solemnly swear we did not get in one argument throughout our whole dating relationship...after we got engaged we learned a healthy argument is ok every now and then.

Anyway, 2009 had a lot of many other amazing moments that made me smile, and here are a few ♥ Warning: Sap ahead. Remain seated please.

Learning how to make sushi.

Getting to be a bridesmaid in one of my best friends wedding, and also having an amazing batchelorette party too; custom DEL shirts included.
Darlene: Will you hurry up and get down here! The margarita's are getting cold.

Talking on the phone with my beautiful sister multiple times a day about all her insane pregnancy worries, then getting to be an aunt again to a sweet little pudgy girl. My little red headed nephew still has most of my heart though.
Leslie: But then I laughed really hard, do you think it hurt the baby?

Getting to go to the Temple and being surrounded by friends and family, by far one of (if not the most) amazing moments of my life.

Ghost hunting with Elizabeth.

Guitar hero with Trista.

My batchelorette party in Palm Springs and the photo album of it that I got for Christmas.
Trista: I wasn't sure what pictures to leave out...
Erin: There's pictures of me getting a lap dance from a stranger, which pictures did you decide to leave out??
Trista: The blurry ones.

Rebekah coming down three weekends in a row for my annoyingly long wedding festivities.

All the time I've got to be with my dad last year, I feel like I never really knew him before. He really is the most amazing man and I love all of his stories.

Getting along with my brother, now that I finally moved out...I guess he's not so bad.

Getting to see Phantom of the Opera, RENT, Grease, and The Grinch. Marry Poppins was in January so it didn't quite make the cut, but it was wonderful.

Sunday dinners...most of the time.

Finally getting somewhere in school.

Disneyland...every time.

Road trip to AZ. DEL, hot tub, candy, fruit snacks, pizza, hot tub, going to hooters, laying out, hot tub.

All of Kevin's random surprises. Flowers, red vines, dates, del taco. All of my favorite things.

Christmas Eve at Kevin's Grandmas, so fun to compare it to last Christmas Eve. Same place but I felt so awkward, like who is this girl??
Well now I'm family, boo ya.

Mission Inn lighting ceremony and Festival of Trees with my two dads and Kevin. My dad yelling "Light it up!!" right after the countdown.

Hearing my dad say it was on of the best Christmases this year after he kept saying he wasn't excited for Christmas at all.

I think that's it, highlights anyway. Now I'm so looking forward to 2010 and all the fun things it will bring :) Like Kevin graduating! And hopefully moving into a bigger apartment. Woo hoo!


I just love this awkward first picture.







2 comments:

brian said...

Brian is no where mentioned in this :(

darlenebergeson said...

yay!! DEL for-evha! i loved this post, you're so cute erin.

and brian, you left the state so you pretty much brought this upon yourself.