Monday, September 28, 2009

Lazy for hire

Since my good friend Lauren called me out via blog, I was thinking about all the jobs I've had laughed to myself. Now that Kevin is eternally trapped I can share now how job non committal I've been in the past. What can I say, I get around.

Marriott- Didn't make it past the training video, and this marks my first attempt and failure of keeping a job.
Rite-Aid ice cream scooper- Finally quit after taking so many days off, like talk like a pirate day. Mortgage company telemarketer- Not so bad when you're on the other end.
Marie Callenders hostess
Norms hostess
Hollywood Video- Didn't make it past training. They were going to give me 6 hours a week. Plus I'd be working at Hollywood Video...
Pest control dispatcher- Tons of RM's, hubba hubba
Tanning salon- Old people sweat=about 2 months.
Movie theater concession stand- Quit after 1 day, I had a pretzel thrown at me. No thanks. 
Lexus of Riverside- Fired! Broke my heart. 
Castle Park monster- absolute best best job, I got to get all bloody and scream for hours every weekend. 
Castle Park Big Top- NOT the best job, 1 day. 
American Eagle- Worked there over Christmas, with the 40% discount no one got presents that year. 
San Bernardino Mitsubishi- Aka San Berdu Mitsu
Mortgage company telemarketer...again- Quit after 1 day. They made me ring a bell and press a "That was easy!" button. One person said they were interested, and I hung up on them because I didn't know where to go from there.
Hollister- Didn't make it past training.
Spaghetti Factory- About 2 weeks. I hated everything.
Coffee Depot- Didn't make it past training.
Nanny
9th Street Eatery server
Ihop server
Ruby's server- The dress was fun, gaining 20 pounds over a year was not. 
Denny's server- Students/homeless don't tip well.
Receptionist, not sure for what exactly- 1 day, secretly texted all day.
RCC Art Department- Laid off! Darn California.
RCC pre-school teachers assistant. This is me now :) and I'm in looove.

That comes to a grand total of 26...I think that's all.
Photobucket

3 comments:

lawrhen said...

i laughed and laughed this whole thing. and burst out at the end for the 'that was easy' button. ohmygosshhhhh. i love it..

Heather said...

ERIN YOURE FANTASTIC!

darlenebergeson said...

oh i looooved this post, you're my hero erin! thank you for entertaining me yet again in the middle of class! I didn't know you were a Castle Park monster, that was one of my favorites, that and i agree with the Spaghetti Factory- nothing good about that job.