Saturday, July 23, 2011

Returning to Normalcy

I'm back with some good news. Yesterday, I worked my last night shift as a nurse and tomorrow begin a new job as a nurse informaticist (informal for now). We are all very excited for the new opportunity especially being home every night and every weekend. At first I will be traveling to Wisconsin for a couple of days at a time to go through training. Then, I will be a on a team designing a new Electronic Health Record system for all of Loma Linda's hospital network. The project is expected to last up to three years and can extend well beyond that in a more permanent position.

Of course, I am going to miss my co-workers on Acute Pediatrics as they have been by extra help through nursing school and as I transitioned into the nursing profession. 

No comments: