Sunday, August 22, 2010

Date Night... Disaster Avoided

We have been doing much better about trying not to eat out as much so for Date Night Erin was finally glad to have an exception. She had been craving a salad from Chili's all day. At work, I went out to pickup Chili's for my co-workers. Immediately after ordering online, Erin texted me. An email notification popped up on m laptop and she was jealous.

Later, we got Chili's Curb Side To Go because I wanted Panera. At Panera, we start taking a few bites and Erin starts to pick at her salad, then throws down her fork and starts to tear up.

E: "I can't eat this. This is SO stupid."
K: "What's the matter?"
E: "It has Blue Cheese. I can't have blue cheese. Can we go back?"
K: "It's okay. Let's just get a salad here and put your chicken strips on it."
E: "They don't have ranch and bacon bits. I've been looking forward to this all day. This sucks."
.... A full cry and balling is getting geared up ...
K: "Hold on... Let me check"
.... A little later....
Panera Manager:"Garden Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon Bits.?.. Just kidding with ranch."

Crisis avoided. Relatively good movie using our last free movie coupons to see Switch (though recommend as a good rental on a comfortable couch).

P.S. When seeing a movie in the theater... Try to show up ten minutes late to miss the previews. Previews these days show most of the good parts of the movie or too much of the plot....

No comments: